CloroxPro Blog – Professional Cleaning and Disinfection Insights
A blog from industry experts devoted to public health awareness, best practices, and the role of environmental cleaning and disinfection, to promote safer, healthier public spaces.Webinar: Superior Disinfection in LTC https://www.cloroxpro.ca/blog/webinar-superior-disinfection-in-ltc/ June 3, 2021 June 4, 2021 https://www.cloroxpro.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Resource-Cleaning-Disinfection-Solutions-for-Long-Term-Care.jpg
Webinar: Superior Disinfection in LTC
There’s a new method for surface disinfection in Long Term Care facilities
Despite the best efforts, manual cleaning and disinfection methods can miss areas, leaving bacteria and viruses on hard-to-reach surfaces. It has been reported that only about 50% of surfaces in hospital rooms are effectively disinfected.1
Electrostatic spraying technology, a new method for surface disinfection, can help address this issue.2 Together with the Ontario Long Term Care Association (OLTCA), CloroxPro® has prepared a webinar to help educate about this exciting new application of electrostatic technology, and how it can be used in Long Term Care (LTC) facilities.
Learn more about this revolutionary technology today.
The webinar is hosted by the OLTCA and presented by Barley Chironda, Sales Director and International Infection Control Specialist at CloroxPro® Canada.
The webinar will:
- Highlight key points about infection transmission and the role of surface disinfection in preventing outbreaks.
- Explain how electrostatic technology is applied to surface disinfection.
- Provide information about the Clorox Total 360® Electrostatic Sprayer System, a revolutionary technology that enables superior coverage of trusted Clorox® disinfectants in hard-to-reach places — including the side, underside and backside of surfaces.3
This webinar is ideal for anyone who wants to learn more about electrostatic technology for surface disinfection, and how it can be used in LTC facilities.
Check out the Electrostatic Technology webinar!
Barley Chironda is a Registered Practical Nurse and is the National Healthcare Sales Director and International Infection Control Specialist with CloroxPro® Canada. Barley is typically found engaged in motivating hospital staff, patients and the public on proper infection prevention practices. He also volunteers as the Infection Control Specialist with the C Diff Foundation and is a former IPAC-GTA President, as well as IPAC-Canada Social Media Manager.
CloroxPro® has trusted solutions.
The Clorox® electrostatic sprayers, the Clorox Total 360® System and Clorox Total 360® ProPack system (corded backpack), exclusively use Clorox® products for superior coverage of surfaces.3
Clorox Total 360® Disinfectant Cleaner (DIN: 02460769), Clorox Healthcare® Spore Defense™ Cleaner Disinfectant (DIN: 02494663) and Clorox Anywhere® Daily Sanitizer & Disinfectant (DIN: 02495716) meet the Health Canada designation for use with an electrostatic sprayer.4 To check whether a product has the ESS designation, you can go to the Health Canada public database on COVID-19. 4 If your product is approved for use with an electrostatic sprayer, Electrostatic Spray” will be listed in the “Product form” column.4
Learn more about the Clorox Total 360® System.
- Bhalla, A. et al. Acquisition of Nosocomial Pathogens on Hands After Contact With Environmental Surfaces Near Hospitalized Patients. Infect. Control Hosp. Epidemiol. 2004;25(2):162–4.
- Velez K. Electrostatic technology: A new method for surface disinfection. CloroxPro Canada 2020.
- CloroxPro® Clorox Total 360® System. https://www.cloroxpro.ca/products/clorox/total-360/. Accessed April 13, 2021.https://www.cloroxpro.ca/products/clorox/total-360/
- Government of Canada. Hard-surface disinfectants and hand sanitizers (COVID-19): List of disinfectants with evidence for use against COVID-19. https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/disinfectants/covid-19/list.html. Accessed April 21, 2021.https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/disinfectants/covid-19/list.html